General dentistry services for a healthy smile
Drs. Ben Whiting and Scott Stauffer are pleased to offer Mesa and San Tan Valley, Arizona area patients general dentistry services for new and returning patients and family members. In addition, they offer several cosmetic and restorative procedures as well. General dentistry focuses on overall oral health and ensures a smile free from tooth decay and periodontal disease. If these conditions are found, they are treated in the earliest stages for the best possible outcomes.
What are common general dentistry treatments available at Whiting Dental?
- Oral prophylaxis (dental cleaning). One of the most common general dentistry treatments available at Whiting Dental is teeth cleaning. A teeth cleaning helps remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth and gums, which can help prevent gum disease and other dental problems. Additionally, a teeth cleaning can help to improve your oral health overall.
- Dental examination. During a routine six-month checkup, patients will have a complete evaluation performed by our dentists to monitor their oral health and wellness. It may include x-rays and other diagnostic imaging methods.
- Dental fillings. Another standard general dentistry treatment offered by Whiting Dental is dental fillings. Dental fillings are utilized to repair cavities in your teeth. They are made of various materials, including gold, silver, porcelain, or composite resin, and they can help restore the function and appearance of your teeth.
- Dental crowns. If you have a broken or damaged tooth, you may need dental crown treatment. Dental crowns are caps bonded over teeth to protect them and restore their function and appearance. They are made of various materials, including gold, silver, porcelain, or composite resin, and can be customized to match the color of your natural teeth.
- Education. In addition to providing treatments and services, our team can educate patients on caring for their smiles at home between appointments. This education may include information about brushing, flossing, and how often to visit the practice for cleanings and evaluations to monitor disease and decay.
Find out more about general dentistry services
If you are interested in learning more about the general dentistry treatments available at Whiting Dental in the communities of San Tan Valley and Mesa, AZ, we welcome you to call one of our two office locations San Tan Valley at (480) 870-4499 and Mesa at (480) 870-4400 to request a consultation appointment and initial evaluation. We are always accepting new patients and families seeking quality care in their community from trusted and experienced dental providers.
Fact or myth? Expensive toothpastes are always better than cheaper ones. Myth. Different toothpastes are better for different teeth in situations. Sometimes moderately priced toothpaste can be more effective. Ask the dentist about what might be best for your teeth. And always look for the ADA seal of approval. Fact or myth? If a tooth is white, it must be healthy. Myth. Under the surface there may be cavities, problems with the root or other abnormalities. Fact or Myth? Teeth whitening is harmful because it damages enamel. Myth. There are many modern teeth whitening processes that have minimal harmful effects. Teeth whitening isn’t for every mouth or person though. Consult the dentist before you proceed with whitening treatments. Fact or myth? Dentists should be feared. Myth. With today’s advancements in technology and safety practices there is nothing to worry about. Procedures are as quick and painless as ever. Fact or myth? You should visit your dentists at least twice a year. FACT.