Most people are born with a lovely smile and healthy teeth. However, if you live in Mesa, Arizona, and need to replace one or more missing teeth, visit us at Whiting Dental. Dental implants may be an excellent opportunity for you to restore your beautiful smile.
Several things can cause tooth loss, including decay, injuries, and accidents. Regardless of why you’re missing a tooth, dental implants can fix your problem.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants consist of roots made from titanium. These titanium roots are planted into the jawbone to replace one tooth or multiple teeth.
Once the titanium screws are in place, a porcelain crown is attached to the screw. This becomes your new tooth.
Moreover, dental implants can support dental prostheses such as bridges, dentures, or crowns.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
With dental implants, you will enjoy multiple benefits in addition to having your smile restored.
- Prevent bone loss. Losing a tooth can cause you to lose bone mass in your jaw. With dental implants, you can make sure this doesn’t happen
- Dental implants perfectly match your natural teeth. Dental implants are available in various shapes and sizes, and your dentist will design customized implants for you. These implants will match the size, shape, and color of your surrounding teeth
- You won’t have to worry about cavities anymore. While you still must practice good dental hygiene to keep bacteria from building up in your mouth, dental implants are made from material that won’t decay. For this reason, you’ll never have to worry about getting a cavity in your dental implant tooth
- Restore your bite force. Since having a missing tooth affects your bite, you won’t have the same bite force if you’re missing teeth. Dental implants can help you have the same bite force that you had with your healthy natural teeth
What Is the Process for Replacing Teeth with High-Quality Dental Implants?
You’ll first have your dentist determine if you’re a good fit for dental implants. Once that has been determined, here is what will happen:
- Your dentist will use 3-D imaging to plan the precise placement into the jawbone of your dental implant
- The titanium screw is placed into the jawbone
- Then, you’ll wait for 8-12 weeks to allow the implant to integrate fully into your jawbone
- Once the implant is integrated, your dentist will replace the missing tooth by placing a porcelain crown over the implant
- Advanced technology is then used to scan your teeth and implant
- The custom crown will fit on top of your implant precisely
Teeth Implants in Mesa, Arizona
When you’re ready to learn more about high-quality dental implants, Dr. Ben Whiting and Dr. Scott Stauffer have solutions for you.
Contact their team at Whiting Dental in Mesa, Arizona, to schedule an appointment. You can call us at (480) 870-4400 or contact us online today.
Share this Article